Auto glass is one important component in a car. Of course, the condition of the glass is very important, if your car’s glass is scratched, opaque, moldy, and so on, it will certainly disturb your vision in the future. In addition, poor glass conditions will certainly disturb your car’s appearance. Well below are some ways to clean your car’s glass in various conditions, the following explanation.
Frosted Car Glass
Your car glass must have experienced blurry and fuzzy conditions. This is due to the dust that adheres to the glass and cannot disappear even if you have wiped it with a wiper. In addition, rain drops are one of the reasons why car windshield can be zatmavovací folie opaque and blurred. Of course, this condition will be very disturbing, especially if it occurs on the windshield of your car that can interfere with foresight. Well, here are the steps to clean the windshield which is opaque because of rain water:
- You can do the glass cleaner when traveling or on a trip and it rains suddenly. Position your car in a shady place so as not to get wet when cleaning the windshield.
- Prepare ingredients such as toothpaste, why? This is because toothpaste can wipe the dust that is on the glass. The content in toothpaste is abrasive so it can make the crust and dirt that sticks to the glass swept clean.
- Do cleaning when going out when it rains, or when the trip is going on suddenly it rains, then please stop for a moment in the shade so as not to get wet when cleaning the windshield.
- Wet your windshield with clean water then place a few toothpaste bottles on your windshield.
- Rub gently using a clean cloth. Use a little pressure and rub evenly on the faded glass of the car.
- After the windshield starts to clean, you can water it using clean water.
- Clean all the remnants of toothpaste that is still attached to the glass.
- Then wipe dry using a clean soft cloth.
There are several things that can cause the windshield to be moldy. For example, due to the type of water used when washing the car. Ground water has a very high content of lime and salt, this can cause the windshield to be moldy.
Moldy windshield can also be caused by erratic weather changes. In addition, dust that clings to the glass can also cause mold on your windshield. Of course the condition of the moldy glass that makes your car look not beautiful and can reduce the comfort of driving, for this following a variety of tips that you can use to clean moldy car windows.
1. Using Toothpaste
Just like the condition of opaque glass, the fungus on the glass can also be completed by using toothpaste. Here are the steps:
- Prepare tools and ingredients, ranging from toothpaste, microfiber cloths, and clean spoons.
- After that, wet the windshield of the moldy car, make sure that no debud and dirt are still attached.
- Apply toothpaste to a moldy glass, just enough.
- Rub evenly but not too hard so the windshield does not break.
- After it feels clean, you can rinse it using water.
- Then wipe it dry.
- Don’t let your wet glass dry on its own, this can cause mold to multiply.
2. Using Tobacco
- Prepare tobacco, you can get it from kretek cigarettes that are sold in the market.
- Then soak the tobacco in clean water for about 10 minutes.
- Then apply the tobacco water to the moldy windshield. Do it like you are polishing your car’s glass.
- After that, let stand some time for about 5 minutes and rinse with clean water.
- If you feel the windshield is clean, you can wipe it with a soft cloth to dry.
3. Using Kitchen Vinegar
You can also clean the windshield of your moldy car using kitchen vinegar. The following are the steps to clean the windshield using kitchen vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of kitchen vinegar, 1 liter of water, and a clean cloth.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of kitchen vinegar with water, stir until evenly distributed.
- Dip a clean soft cloth into the mixture.
- Then rub the cloth on the moldy glass of the car.
- Rub around and slowly until the glass starts to clear.
- Then dry the windshield using newspaper or paper.
4. Using Powder
You can remove the fungus on the windshield using powder. Here are the steps to clean the fungus by using powder.
- Prepare powder, water, and soft cloth.
- Mix the powder with water, but not too runny.
- Then apply the mixture of water and powder on the moldy glass of the car.
- Apply it using a soft cloth.
- After cleaning, you can rinse it using clean water.
- Dry it using newspaper or paper.
5. Using Alcohol
Cleaning car windows that are moldy with alcohol is indeed a classic way that has proven effective in making glass clean. The following steps to clean the windshield with alcohol.
- Prepare alcohol and soft cloth.
- Shake the alcohol first.
- Dip a cloth in alcohol and use it to clean moldy windshields.
- Rub right on the moldy part until clean.
- Then dry using a clean microfiber cloth.