China Accused of Taking Uighur Muslim Organs Alive

The China Tribunal, an Australian non-profit organization, complained about the actions of the Chinese regime taking organs from Muslim Uighurs and the Falun Gong community to the UN Human Rights Council. The organization said some of the victims were still alive when their organs were removed.

According to the China Tribunal, the stolen organs include the liver, kidneys, lungs, and skin. The organization which claims to have evidence of the allegations presented it in a tense UN Human Rights Council forum last Tuesday.

The China Tribunal describes itself as a group of lawyers, academics, and medical professionals, supported by the International Coalition to End Abuse of Transplantation in China. Us Map

Beijing has denied carrying out mass organ harvesting under any circumstances.

Speak to representatives of the UN Human Rights Council, a lawyer for the China Tribunal; Hamid Sabi, said the group had evidence about the removal of human organs. According to him, Beijing has committed crimes against humanity by harvesting organs from religious minorities such as the Uighurs and the Falun Gong community.

“Forced organ harvesting from prisoners, including minorities of the Falun Gong religion and (Muslim) Uighurs, has been carried out for years across China on a significant scale,” Sabi said, also recorded in a video published on the China Tribunal website. .

Sabi is presenting evidence from the final report of the tribunal, which was published in June. In the report, it claimed to have found that a very large number of prisoners were killed by order of the Chinese government.

“They were cut open while still alive for the sake of their kidneys, liver, lungs, cornea and skin to be removed and converted into commodities for sale,” the report said, as quoted by Business Insider , Thursday (9/26/2019).

Parts of the body, continued the report, were then used for medical purposes. According to the report, organs were partly removed for organ transplants in Chinese hospitals.

The China Tribunal report is led by Sir Geoffrey Nice, a British lawyer who is the main prosecutor in the trial of Slobodan Milosevic, former Yugoslav president.

Sabi told the UN Human Rights Council on Tuesday that China’s efforts involved hundreds of thousands of victims. He described it as one of the worst mass atrocities of this century.

He did not specify how many organs the China Tribunal believed had been taken by China, or the number of organs taken from Uighur Muslims and members of Falun Gong.

“Victim for victim and death for death, cutting off hearts and other organs of living people, innocent people, innocuous people, (from people) peace is one of the worst mass atrocities of this century,” he said.

“Organ transplantation to save lives is a scientific and social victory, but killing donors is a crime,” Sabi added.

Meanwhile, Reuters news agency reported that China insisted that they stop using organs from prisoners executed in 2015.

The Chinese government was not yet prepared to respond to the Business Insider report to comment on Sabi’s testimony.

Sabi concluded by saying that it was the duty of international bodies like the United Nations to investigate the findings of the China Tribunal. “Not only is it related to possible genocide allegations, but also in relation to crimes against humanity,” he said.

Leave a Reply