Seeing too often a computer screen or electronic screen will make your eyes work harder. As a result, vision function can progressively decrease until it disrupts activity. Therefore, maintaining eye health for computer users is very important so that your daily activities are not obstructed.
Tips for maintaining eye health for computer users
As reported by Harvard Health, computer screens and other digital screens can cause two things, namely dry eyes due to rarely blinking and eyes feeling tired.
This is caused by the light source from the screen of electronic goods that make your eyes feel uncomfortable. As a result, you have difficulty observing text and images on a computer screen, thereby interfering with your work. Daily health tips
So that this does not happen to you, there are several ways you can do to maintain eye health, especially for computer users. Starting from adjusting the position of the screen to wearing anti-radiation glasses.
1. Using anti-radiation glasses
According to the American Optometric Association , computer users are advised to wear anti-radiation glasses made specifically for viewing computer screens. This is because the light from the screen contains radiation that can disturb your sense of sight.
Therefore, for those of you who already use glasses, try to double check whether your glasses already have anti-radiation features. For those who do not use glasses for daily activities, you can wear them only when you are active in front of a computer.
2. Changing the position of the body and computer
In addition to anti-radiation glasses, computer users can also maintain their eye health by changing body position when dealing with computers.
There are several factors that originate from the computer and your body position that cause vision problems. Starting from the lighting, the location of the monitor, the position of the chair, to the duration of rest.
- The actual position of the computer screen should be 15-20 ° below your eyes, which is about 10-13 cm measured from the center of the screen and 50-70 cm from your eyes.
- Cover the light source from outside with curtains or curtains and use a table lamp to avoid glare.
- The sitting position must be as comfortable as possible by adjusting the height of the chair so you can set your feet on the floor. Also, change the position of the armrest so that you don’t touch the keyboard when typing.
- Resting eyes for 15 minutes after staring at a computer screen for more than two hours without a break. Every 20 minutes, try to stare in a direction other than the screen for 20 seconds so that your eyes change focus.
- Don’t forget to blink often to keep the eyeball surface moist.
3. Consumption of healthy foods
So that your eyes stay healthy despite frequent computer use, make it a habit to eat healthy foods.
According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology , there are four types of food that can help maintain healthy eyes, namely:
- Green leafy vegetables , such as spinach and cabbage, contain high lutein and zeaxanthin. Both are useful for reducing the risk of various eye diseases.
- Citrus fruits , such as oranges and lemons because they have vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant in the health of your eyes.
- Nuts and oysters contain zinc, a mineral compound that is important for eye health because it helps you protect your eyes from light.
- Types of fish that live in cold water , such as salmon, tuna, and sardines because they contain omega-3 fatty acids which can reduce the risk of eye disease later in life.
4. Routine eye check to the doctor
Not only pay attention to food intake and body position, you are also recommended to routinely check eye health to the doctor. Maybe you feel your eyes are fine because the symptoms are not too disturbing.
However, you may not realize your eyes are starting to damage. Therefore, it is recommended for computer users to regularly check themselves in order to maintain the health of their eyes.
It is intended that complications and other eye diseases can be prevented because they are too often facing computer screens and other digital.
Maintaining eye health is quite important for everyone, especially computer users on a daily basis. If you have started to feel symptoms that make your vision impaired, consult your doctor immediately so that you know what causes and how to treat it.